Hope for Children
Hope for Children (HOPE) is a UK based charity (registered charity number 1041258) which works towards a world where children’s rights are realised and they can reach their full potential. We actively identify disadvantaged children and communities by working with local partners.
Through empowering, collaborating and learning together we aim to build a sustainable future for the children and communities we serve. Our focus is to reach as many children as we can and deliver to them the childhood every child deserves.
Dartmoor Search & Rescue Team (Plymouth)
- Is a voluntary organisation, a registered charity (1106095) funded by donation
- Provides a vital all year round search and rescue service throughout South West Devon, East Cornwall and Dartmoor
- Provides the Police with well in excess of 1,000 man – hours of search resources annually
- Helps to oversee the safety of over 2000 youngsters during the annual Ten Tors event
- Provides a valuable search resource that regularly helps the elderly, infirm and those with mental health conditions
- Pays nothing to volunteers for their role
- Assists at public events providing first aid cover with our qualified Casualty Carers, some of whom are medical staff in their day jobs?