Hope for Children
Hope for Children (registered charity number 1161729) is an international charity working towards a world in which every child has the happy, healthy and positive childhood they passionately believe they deserve. Almost half the world’s children live in extreme poverty. They are helping to change this by making a safe and fulfilling childhood a reality for thousands of children in developing countries every year.
Everything they do is for the benefit of today’s children and tomorrow’s parents, supporting present and future generations to achieve long-term change.
Dartmoor Search & Rescue Team (Plymouth)
- Is a voluntary organisation, a registered charity (1106095) funded by donation
- Provides a vital all year round search and rescue service throughout South West Devon, East Cornwall and Dartmoor
- Provides the Police with well in excess of 1,000 man – hours of search resources annually
- Helps to oversee the safety of over 2000 youngsters during the annual Ten Tors event
- Provides a valuable search resource that regularly helps the elderly, infirm and those with mental health conditions
- Pays nothing to volunteers for their role
- Assists at public events providing first aid cover with our qualified Casualty Carers, some of whom are medical staff in their day jobs?